Ocean Science Centre Mindelo
Status: April 19th, 2018
The Ocean Science Centre Mindelo (OSCM) in direct neighborhood to the INDP is a bilateral initiative of the cooperation partners GEOMAR and INDP.
The OSCM started its technical operation on 14 November 2017. It serves as a platform for marine and atmospheric research in the Northeast tropical Atlantic, and supports the CVOO time-series station and field campaigns in the region. The centre is available to the international atmospheric and oceanographic research community and also offers teaching and training possibilities in West Africa.
The OSCM features
- two universal laboratories, one wet lab
- workshops for maintenance and repair of oceanographic equipment
- a main hall with a gantry crane for installation of lab containers and maintenance of large-scale scientific equipment
- storage space (incl. fridges and freezers and gas storage)
- conference rooms
- offices for guest scientists
- technical and social facilities
The OSCM has
- a total area of 1,768 m²
- an effective area of 1,714 m²
- a gross volume of 7,072 m3
If you request further information, please send a message to: email@example.com.
For a closer look, please access the following links: